For the past couple years I've been mostly developing web applications in Django. Python has become my go-to language, but I also have years of experience with C/C++, Java, PHP and a few others.
When I have some spare time, I like to mix things up and play around with Clojure. I'm also interested in machine learning and statistical data mining, but mostly as a hobby right now.
All of my personal systems run Linux (typically Ubuntu) as it tends to suit my tinkering nature more so than other operating systems. I try hard not to be dogmatic about such things, however.
I enjoy good discussions on programming, architecture and other software engineering topics. I pride myself in being pragmatic, curious, skeptic, practitioner, craftsman.
Top Network Posts
- 108Overriding urllib2 HTTPError and reading response HTML anyway
- 108Python - Convert UTC datetime string to local datetime
- 101brew update: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge:
- 84mkdir -p functionality in python
- 80django orm, how to view (or log) the executed query?
- 51What are some example use cases for symbol literals in Scala?
- 48Distinguishing development mode and release mode environment settings on Android
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.